221 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
Phone: (703) 746-3301
Alt. Phone: (800) 388-9119
Named for William Ramsay, Scottish merchant, city founder and Alexandria's first postmaster it serves a visitor information center with sightseeing brochures, maps, etc. It also has a gift shop. It is believed to have been built in 1724 by Ramsay, and probably barged up-river from Dumfries, VA to its present site after Alexandria was established in 1749.
Open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily (January through March 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.). Handicap assistance is available at the lower King Street entrance. Admission: Free Metro: King Street